We are currently recruiting for a qualified and experienced contractual IT Project Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of technology projects for one of our clients. They will work closely with development team members, business partners and end users to ensure the success of the project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and managing all aspects of the project including scope, budget, resources, timelines, and quality.
- Developing detailed timelines and work plans for each phase of the project.
- Monitoring the project (change requests, actions, decisions, risks, etc.).
- Coordinating the activities of the development team to ensure that deliverables are ready on time.
- Ensuring clear and regular communication with all project stakeholders to make sure there is a common understanding of goals and expectations.
- Tracking and managing risks and issues throughout the project to ensure successful delivery.
- Ensuring the quality of deliverables by making sure that quality standards are met, and necessary testing is completed prior to project delivery.
- Managing project budgets and expenses and ensuring costs are in line with original cost estimates.
- Providing regular reports on project progress to key stakeholders.
Skills / Competencies / Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, project management or a related field.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in IT project management.
- Knowledge of software development processes, project life cycles and project management best practices.
- Experience in managing complex projects with large development teams.
- Excellent communication, writing, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Certification in project management (PMP, Agile, Oracle, etc.), an asset.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good oral and written communication skills in French and English.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thoroughness and management of priorities.
- Team player.
- Ease of learning and adaptation to change.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Important to Know
- Position type : Contractual (Consulting).
- Place of work: Greater Montréal Area.
- Possibility to work at the Terrebonne office.
- Opportunity to work as a self-employed person while being part of a dynamic team.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Competitive rates.